BeBop Rocket upload File verification is an important step in ensuring the integrity and authenticity of files that are uploaded to a Project storage volume. However, the process of verifying large files can take some time. To address this issue, users can adjust 4 options for the verification process in order to meet their specific time constraints or use cases.
- Full verification: This option performs a complete verification of the file, including checksum calculation, digital signature verification, and file format validation. While this option provides the highest level of security, it also takes the longest amount of time.
- Partial verification: This option only verifies a portion of the file, such as the first 20%, at the time of upload. While this option is quicker than a full verification, it does not provide the same level of security.
- Skip verification: This option skips the verification process altogether. While this option is the fastest, it also has the least security. It should be used only in the case of low-risk files, or situations where the speed of upload is of the utmost importance.
- Skip small files: This option skips the verification process for files smaller than a certain size, such as 50MB. This option can be useful for reducing the time required for verification for small files that are unlikely to be malicious and are relatively low-risk.
It's important to note that each option has trade-offs between security and speed, it's recommended to review the level of security required for the files and user case to decide the best option accordingly. *Please note, the default setting is 'Full Verification.'
Follow these steps to change the file verification options:
1. Within the BeBop client select the Rocket upload menu on the left
2. Select the 'settings' icon and choose from the following, 4 options:
a. Full verification
b. Partial Verification (20%)
c. Skip Verification
d. Skip small files (up to 50MB)
3. Once the option has been selected, click "Save" to confirm
For any questions or problems, please create a ticket on the BeBop Helpdesk.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.