When After Effects crashes it saves the crash log on your C: Drive. The crash log stores relevant information that can greatly help the troubleshooting process. Having a copy ready for BeBop support to check can help resolve an issue faster.
Follow these steps to find After Effects crash logs on you virtual C: Drive:
1. Open Windows Explorer by selecting File Explorer from the task bar.
2. Disclose hidden items by selecting View at the top of the window and then selecting show hidden items
3. Navigate to the following folder to collect the crash log:
4. Copy the crash log and paste it in an easy-to-find location such as a folder marked "BeBop Support" in your default Project.
- <username> is your BeBop and windows Username
- 17.0 refers to After Effects 2020. If you're using a different version of After Effects, you have to check the corresponding folder for that version. For example, crash log for After Effects CC 2019 will be stored in the 16.0 folder.
Did you find it helpful?