BeBop Links allow BeBop users to create shareable URLs which enable both internal and external individuals to upload and download content directly to and from BeBop Projects (shared cloud storage) from nearly any device with a web browser, and with all of the security and control you expect from BeBop.
BeBop Links can be created from your user account within "mcp.beboptechnology.com" or from within a workstation through the Workstation Dashboard. You can find instructions for each through these links:
- BeBop Links - SHARE - Using the MCP
- BeBop Links - RECEIVE - Using the MCP
- BeBop Links - RECEIVE - Using the Session Dashboard
To create a BeBop SHARE Link through the Workstation dashboard follow these steps:
1. Log in to your desktop client or zero clients and start a workstation
2. Mount the Project you will be using to share files to.
3. Select the 'Links' button at the top left, next to 'Home'.
4. Select the 'Share' tab.
5. Select the blue 'Add+' button on the right.
6. You will be presented with a pop up menu. Enter or change the relevant information.
7. Select the file(s) that you would like to share and drag/drop them into the bucket on the right
When you're done click the "Save" button.
8. You'll be presented with the BeBop Share Link. After the link is created, there are a few options that you can modify from the settings wheel in the Workstation Dashboard.
Let's look at the "Protected" option. This is where you can determine the level of access to the BeBop link location.
|Open access to anyone with a BeBop Link URL.|
|The user will be asked to login to BeBop before they can upload files. If 2FA is enabled for the user, they will be prompted for a 2FA.|
|The user will be prompted to enter a password that you choose.|
9. You can copy the link and paste it in a browser to see the link
10. Email or message the BeBop SHARE link to whoever needs access. When they click the link and authenticate if needed, they will be presented with a web based downloader.
For any questions or problems, please create a ticket on the BeBop Helpdesk.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.