The best practice for optimal performance is to utilize an Adobe Cache project to automatically move your media cache to your high speed editorial storage rather than the C: drive. Contact your OrgAdmin is you are not assigned to an Adobe Cache project.
Here is the process to update Adobe Premiere to manually use the high speed editorial storage for the Media Cache.
For additional information regarding Flex Project cache, please refer to:
- Mount the "Adobe Cache” project from the BeBop Workstation Dashboard. Your project may be named differently depending on your Organization's specifications (check with your supervisor or Organization Admin for details). You may find that your Organization has set up the "auto-mount" feature.
- Launch Adobe Premiere.
- From the menu bar, select “Edit -> Preferences -> Media Cache…”
- In the dialog box under “Media Cache Files” and “Media Cache Database” click the “Browse” button.
- In the Browse window, right click on the Cache Storage (Drive H: or whatever your Org's cache drive is) and choose “Select” from the menu that comes up.
- Click the “Select Folder” button.
7. A dialog box will come up asking if you want to move or delete the existing cache files. Select the “Move” button.
8. Once BOTH the Media Cache Files and the Media Cache Database locations are set to “Location: H:\”, select OK.
For any questions or problems, please create a ticket on the BeBop Helpdesk.