For optimal performance, it is best practice to setup the Adobe media cache to run from the BeBop High Speed editorial storage rather than the c: drive. The following outlines the process to update Adobe Premiere to use the high speed editorial storage for the media cache.
- Mount the "Adobe Cache” project from the BeBop Session Dashboard. Your project may be named differently depending on your Organizations specifications. Check with your supervisor or Organization Admin for details.
- Launch Adobe Premiere
- From the menu bar, select “Edit -> Preferences -> Media Cache…”
- In the dialog box under “Media Cache Files” and “Media Cache Database” click the “Browse” button
- In the Browse window, right click on the Cache Storage (Drive H: or whatever your Org's cache drive is) and choose “Select” from the menu that comes up.
- Click the “Select Folder” button.
- A dialog box will come up asking if you want to move or delete the existing cache files. Select the “Move” button.
- Once BOTH the Media Cache Files and the Media Cache Database locations are set to “Location: H:\”, select OK
For any questions or problems, please create a ticket on the BeBop Helpdesk.