For this release, the Desktop Client will require an auto-update, which is initiated when the software is next started up.
If the auto-update fails, please delete (on Mac) or uninstall (on Windows) the Client, download the new Client software from the MCP, and then re-install the software.
For more information on downloading and installing the client, please refer to this Solution article:
This release includes an update to the Session Dashboard. The Session Dashboard will automatically update upon the first login into a workstation.
Release 2021.09 Overview:
In this release we are excited to announce the availability of several convenient new management features that further empower Org Admins, and the ability to better protect access to Rev Live streams using Link security.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the platform is performing flawlessly on the clouds that we support. We continually look to improve the creative user’s experience on , often looking deep to address software issues that impact users regardless of the source of the issue.
In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
Release version 2021.09 includes updates to the following platform components:
- Desktop Client
- Session Dashboard
Org Admin self-service management feature collection
- Org Admins now have access to an Org Profile sidebar menu option in the MCP in which they can do the following:
- Update the name, contact email and phone number, and website URL of their Organization
- Upload their logo to custom-brand UI elements of their platform deployment
- Org Admins now have access to a Pods sidebar menu option in the MCP in which they can see the Pods deployed in their organization and assign/unassign users to those Pods.
- Org Admins can now manually poll the status of individual workstations within the Workstations sidebar menu in the MCP. This will help to return an accurate status for any workstation that has potentially in a “stuck” state.
Link security now protects access to Rev Live streams
- Links to access Rev Live streams are now integrated into the Link security framework, enabling users to protect access to Rev Live streams using logins or custom passwords.
None needed in this release!