This release includes an update to the Session Dashboard. The Session Dashboard will automatically update upon the first login into a BeBop workstation.
Release 2021.04 Overview:
In this release we are excited to announce that we are enabling the PCoIP Ultra remoting protocol, allowing users to schedule Rocket Sync operations, and adding a convenient method to delete temporary cache files.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the BeBop platform is performing flawlessly on all of the clouds that we support. In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
Release version 2021.04 includes updates to the following BeBop platform components:
- Session Dashboard
PCoIP Ultra protocol is now an option when connecting to BeBop workstations
- Users on BeBop Workstations can now choose to connect to workstations using the PCoIP Ultra protocol by navigating to the “gear” icon in the upper-left of the Session Dashboard, and enabling the PCoIP Ultra setting.
- PLEASE NOTE: To utilize PCoIP Ultra, users must connect to workstations using the Teradici software client. The BeBop Desktop Client does not support PCoIP Ultra, and will fall back to connecting using standard PCoIP, regardless of the setting on the workstation.
- PCoIP Ultra - Info and requirements
Users can now schedule Rocket Sync operations
- Users now have the option to set Rocket Sync operations to occur on various cadences or during specific time periods. For example, syncing between BeBop Project storage and object storage can be scheduled to happen constantly, or take place once every few hours, or only take place overnight.
- Access these settings in the MCP by navigating to Projects>Sync Settings
Housekeeping tab added to Session Dashboard
- A new tab has been added to the Session Dashboard, labeled “Housekeeping”. This tab will provide users with convenient access to workstation management functionality.
- To start, users will have access to a button that will delete their local Adobe Premiere cache files. This will only delete temporary cache files and will not impact your Adobe Media Cache.
Org Admins can now properly view Transfer Logs
- An issue where the Org Admin could not view their Organization’s Transfer Logs has been fixed