For this release, the BeBop Desktop Client will require an auto-update, which is initiated when the software is next started up.
If the auto-update fails, please delete (on Mac) or uninstall (on Windows) the Client, download the new Client software from the MCP, and then re-install the software.
For more information on downloading and installing the client, please refer to this Solution article:
Release 2021.02 Overview:
In this release we are excited to announce that audio conferencing functionality is added to Rev Live as a Public Preview.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the BeBop platform is performing flawlessly on all of the clouds that we support. In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
Release version 2021.02 includes updates to the following BeBop platform components:
Rev Live audio conferencing Public Preview
- Rev Live now includes functionality which enables the host to create an audio conference and invite participants to join, allowing for real-time discussion during a review session.
- In order to further test and gather feedback on this audio conferencing functionality, we are releasing Rev Live audio conferencing functionality as a Public Preview for now. Please review section 2.4 of the BeBop EULA for more information. https://mcp.beboptechnology.com/eula.
Rev Live MAX permissions are implemented
- The permissions to control user access to Rev Live MAX are now in place within the MCP.
“Low Quality” in Rev Live Max relabeled to “Standard Quality”
- Within the Desktop Client, the “LQ” button has been relabeled “SQ,” which is now consistent with the nomenclature used in the rest of the platform.
Fixes to Upload and Download permissions
- Rocket Upload and Download permissions will now be properly enforced for users.
Desktop Client no longer freezes when stopping BeBop Workstations
- Previously, when trying to stop a workstation, the BeBop Desktop Client could freeze. This issue has now been fixed.