BeBop Share Links allow BeBop users to create shareable URLs which enable individuals to download content directly from BeBop Projects (shared cloud storage).
BeBop Share Links allow you to share your work as a download. BeBop Share Links work with both internal and external individuals on almost any device with a web browser, and with all of the security and control you expect from BeBop.
*Review Links are a different feature that allows others to view content.
BeBop Links can be created from your user account within "mcp.beboptechnology.com" or from within a workstation through the Session Dashboard. You can find instructions for each through these links:
To create a BeBop Share Link through the MCP follow these steps:
1. Login to mcp.beboptechnology.com
2. Select "Projects" on the left side panel.
3. Search for the Project name or choose from the list. Click on the Project name that you would like to add a BeBop Link to.
4. The Project Profile tab opens. Select the "Content Hub" tab.
5. Select the file that you would like to share. If you want to share more than one file at a time you will need to create the BeBop Share Link through the Session Dashboard.
*Note that you can create a Receive link as well by selecting a folder and selecting the three dots under "Action."
Select the three dots under "Action" next to the file to create the Share Link.
6. Enter a Name for your link. You will be able to easily find this link later through the BeBop Links tab. You can also enter a Note for the link. Click the "Add" button to continue.
*An expiration time can also be set for the link if you would like the link to be available for only a limited time. Select the "Set Time" option and adjust the Date and Time for the link to expire. Click the "Add" button to continue.
7. BeBop Share Link protection options are next. This is where you can determine the level of access to the BeBop Share Link's location.
Share Link creation Link User's access
|Open access to anyone with a BeBop Link URL.
|The user will be asked to login to BeBop before they can upload files. If 2FA is enabled for the user, they will be prompted for a 2FA.
|The user will be prompted to enter a password that you choose.
8. Congratulations! The BeBop Share Link URL is created. "Copy and Close" will automatically copy the URL to your computer's Clipboard for you to share with others.
9. Email or message the BeBop Share link to whoever needs access. When they click on the link, and authenticate if needed, they will be presented with a web based downloader.
10. The BeBop Links tab lists the "Links" that have been created with additional information. Some adjustments may also be done here as well.
a. "Copy BeBop Link" will copy the Link's URL to your computer's clipboard for you to share.
b. Other changes available are Expiry, Active (on or off) and Settings (Link name and notes).
For any questions or problems, please create a ticket on the BeBop Helpdesk.