In this release we are making a number of improvements to the user experience of the BeBop platform. Highlights include the ability to pause the Idle timer on the Session Dashboard to enable rendering and automated management of the Adobe Media Cache location.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the BeBop platform is performing flawlessly on all of the clouds that we support. In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
BeBop Client software remains v.2.7.28 / 2.7.70
MCP update to v.2.7.50 / 53
Session Dashboard update to v.2.6.143
Ability to pause Idle timer on the Session Dashboard, with hourly user notifications
- Previously, when users executed rendering jobs on BeBop workstations, the Session Dashboard Idle timer was often automatically shutting down the workstation before the jobs could finish. We have now added the ability to temporarily pause the Idle timer in these scenarios. When the Idle timer is paused, the workstation will remain running until the workstation is shut down manually, or until the Idle timer operation is manually resumed and then timed out. Users who pause the Idle timers will receive hourly email notifications that their workstation is still running as an ongoing reminder to manually shut the workstation down when the render has completed,
Ability to automate setting the location of the Adobe Media Cache
- An ongoing issue for users has been the management of the Media Cache for Adobe applications. If the cache location is not set up properly in Adobe Preferences, the C: drive often fills up with cache data, resulting in performance issues. This feature allows BeBop Admins to create a BeBop Project and designate it as an “Adobe Cache” Project. This project is set to automatically mount to workstations that connect to it, and the location of the Adobe Media Cache will automatically be set to this shared Project within Adobe Preferences.
Projects page in the MCP now displays storage utilization metrics
- Inside of the Projects view within the MCP, users will now see metrics on the percentage of the storage utilization of the selected Project, the percentage of the storage utilization of all the other Projects on the same storage volume, and the percentage of available capacity on the storage volume.
Ability to designate a drive letter when creating a BeBop Project
- Users now have the ability to specify a drive letter when creating a BeBop Project.
Enable Mac Keyboard now clearly displays an on/off state
- Previously, it was unclear to users on BeBop workstations if the “Enable Mac Keyboard” feature was turned on or off. Now when the feature is enabled, the button displays, “Disable Mac Keyboard.”
None needed this release!