For this release, the BeBop software Client will require an auto-update, which is initiated when the software is next started up.
If the auto-update fails, please delete (on Mac) or uninstall (on Windows) the Client, download the new Client software from the MCP, and then re-install the software.
For more information on downloading and installing the client, please refer to this Solution article:
In this release, we are fixing an instability in the Software Client related to the new Mac OSX release, Catalina 10.15, improving the communication between the Software Client and Transfer Servers, and making a few improvements to the Software Client user experience.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the BeBop platform is performing flawlessly on all of the clouds that we support. In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
BeBop Client software update to v.2.7.28/2.7.60
MCP update to v.2.7.40
Session Dashboard update to v.2.6.58
BPM-74 - Cursor should automatically start in the Username field when starting the Client
- The cursor will now automatically be placed in the Username field upon starting up the Software Client, so that the user is no longer required to click in the field before typing their user name.
BPM-159 - Cursor should automatically start in the Authentication Code field for 2FA in the Software Client
- When a user is logging in using the Software Client, the cursor will now automatically be placed in the Authentication Code field so that they are no longer required to click in the field before entering their code.
BPM-178 - Enable Software Client to check health of Transfer Servers directly
- This enhancement enables the Software Client to communicate directly with BeBop Transfer Servers, which allows for proper communication between the two in private network deployments of the BeBop platform.
BPM-183 - Replace "Starting Transfer Server" message with a loading bar
- The original message for setting expectations about the time needed to begin a data transfer was confusing to some users. This message has been replaced with a simple, animated “loading bar” graphic.
BPM-184 - Retain "Pod" selection when users browse between tabs in the Software Client
- Inside of the Software Client, when users would select a Pod to start a workstation, for example, the Pod selection would not be retained when switching to the Rocket Ingest or Download tabs within the Client. This improvement ensures that the Pod selection is retained when switching between tabs in the Client.
BPM-189 - PCoIP sessions are prone to crashing on Mac OS Catalina
- Due to an incompatibility between Mac OSX Catalina 10.15 and the version of the PCoIP SDK utilized in the Software Client, PCoIP sessions were unstable and prone to crashing. The SDK has been updated to a compatible version, which should resolve this issue.