For this release, the BeBop Desktop Client will require an auto-update, which is initiated when the software is next started up.
If the auto-update fails, please delete (on Mac) or uninstall (on Windows) the Client, download the new Client software from the MCP, and then re-install the software.
For more information on downloading and installing the client, please refer to this Solution article:
Additionally, this release includes an update to the Session Dashboard. The Session Dashboard will automatically update upon the first login into a BeBop workstation.
Release 2021.03 Overview:
In this release we are excited to announce several quality-of-life and usability improvements for the BeBop platform! Highlights include: Helpdesk functionality is now easier for users on the BeBop platform to access, more control has been added to Rocket Sync functionality, and automated email notifications about file transfer activity on BeBop Projects can be sent to users.
Additionally, content review and file download functionality has been added to Content Hub as a Public Preview.
We are always hard at work to make sure that the BeBop platform is performing flawlessly on all of the clouds that we support. In addition to the improvements highlighted below, we are constantly maintaining and optimizing our underlying platform technologies to provide the best and most secure experience for our users.
Release version 2021.03 includes updates to the following BeBop platform components:
- Desktop Client
- Session Dashboard
Helpdesk access is directly integrated into the BeBop platform
- Users now only need to click on the Support widget in the interface of the Session Dashboard, MCP, or Desktop Client to access BeBop’s Helpdesk functionality.
- This means that users are no longer required to open up a browser window and log into the separate Helpdesk portal to access Support Articles or create a ticket.
Rocket Sync improvements
- Users now have the option of automatically deleting data from their object storage bucket once that data has been verifiably copied to a BeBop Project using Rocket’s Sync functionality.
- Users can now specify files and folders to include or exclude from Sync operations when setting up a Sync Project within the MCP.
- This interface is very similar to the Include/Exclude functionality of the Hot Folder interface within the Desktop Client.
Email notifications when files land on a BeBop Project
- Users can now “subscribe” to a BeBop Project, which will enable them to conveniently receive email notifications when new files are written to this Project.
- Emails include links to the Transfer Logs which enable granular transfer activity review.
- Org Admins are responsible for setting up the notification configuration. This will determine the kinds of notifications that subscribed users will receive.
Content Hub file viewing and download functionality released in Public Preview
- Browser file streaming permissions release in Public Preview:
- Permitted users can now view nearly any kind of image file and play back mp4 files directly from the Content Hub interface using a web browser.
- Browser file download permissions released in Public Preview:
- Permitted users can download files directly from the Content Hub interface using a web browser.
- In order to further test and gather feedback on this functionality, we are releasing these Content Hub improvements as a Public Preview for now. Please review section 2.4 of the BeBop EULA for more information. https://mcp.beboptechnology.com/eula
Streamlined Content Hub UI
- The Content Hub UI has been streamlined to accommodate additional new functionality
Transfer activity monitoring within the MCP
- Within the Projects interface of the MCP, users will see a new tab, labeled Transfer Monitor. Clicking on this tab will display Rocket transfer activity for different transfer channels.
- Users can select BeBop to display Desktop Client transfer activity, BeBop Sync to display Sync transfer activity between object storage and BeBop Projects, or BeBop Link to display transfer activity for BeBop Links.
BeBop Link permission options can be enabled/disabled for all users in an Org
- Organizations can now completely disable individual permission options for BeBop Links.
- For example, if an Organization determines that creating BeBop Links without password protection is not in compliance with their security policies, the “No Password” option can be totally disabled for all of the users within the Organization.
None needed in this release!