To connect to Avid Media Composer 2018 to Avid Floating License Server within in Bebop
- Go to the System Tray or Start Menu and open the Avid Link Application.
- Click "No" then OK
- Select Products on the left side bar
- Click on Products and Activations under Media Composer.
- Click on Other Activation Methods
- and select License Server under Activation Method
- Click on Current License Server, which will take you to the new UI
- This is a one time job, consecutive plugins and VM Option will have Use License Server lit up after this and next step.
- Under the License Server Options, enter Primary Server and Backup Server (Optional).
This is usually http://<orgname>-avid1.beboptechnology.internal and http://<orgname>-avid2.beboptechnology.internal. Example: If the Organization Name is Bebop, then it would be http://bebop-avid1.beboptechnology.internal and http://bebop-avid2.beboptechnology.internal. Check with Bebop support to for the license server URLs
Click on Save
- Select Products on the left Sidebar again. Check the box beside Use License Server.
- Avid Media Composer will get activated and will show a success message.
- Repeat the same for VM Option as well.
- Click on the check box beside Use License Server. No need to configure Current License Server, as its configured already during Media Composer step above.
- VM Option will also show activation success message.
Go ahead and launch AVID
Please contact, Bebop Support in case of questions.